Lavender is a nostalgic fragrance, rousing images of long summer days, bumble bees and gorgeous flowers. But lavender is more than just pretty. It offers a chemical-free alternative to traditional moth repellents. Apparently moths are rather fussy creatures and do not share our attraction to lavender – which causes them to be repelled by the natural aroma it provides. Aside from this it is well known that lavender is one of the most powerful remedies in the plant world, offering both physical and emotional relief for a wide range of health problems.
With this in mind we have launched a new range of lavender products, including:
The range is perfect for anybody looking for a natural moth repellent – ideal for storing winter clothes away or simply hanging in a wardrobe to keep clothes fresh; alternatively there are some great gifts, toiletries for the spare bedroom or simply lovely treats.
Don’t take our word for it though, the benefits of lavender are known worldwide. With this in mind we have compiled a list of the top ten benefits it provides
- Cooking – lavender makes an unusual, floral accent in many dishes from ice-cream to cookies (well if it’s good enough for the Duchess of Cambridge…)
- Dandruff – steep lavender as you would to make tea, allow to cool and use as a daily rinse until dandruff has cleared up
- Cuts and Scrapes – lavender has natural antiseptic properties and can be used as a protective salve
- Sweet, Fresh Laundry – a bundle of lavender added to the tumble drier leaves laundry smelling gorgeous
- Skin Relief – Add lavender oil to your moisturiser or a spray water bottle and apply for relief from burned, chaffed or irritated skin
- Sleep Accessories – lavender helps you to sleep better – place some on your pillowcase for a great nights’ sleep
- Bath – add lavender to your bath to promote relaxation and soothe tired muscles
- Perfume - lavender oil is a gorgeous, chemical-free alternative to perfumes and colognes
- Tea – a small handful of lavender flowers in boiling water creates a healthy herbal tea, which is as effective as chamomile for promoting sleep
- Scent – relieves tension and anxiety naturally, rub lavender oil onto your temples for a soothing dose of stress relief